Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Madame Méchante

Today was another long day at school and I didn't do anything particularly exciting in terms of sightseeing, but I do feel like I learned a lot. And for the first time since the end of grade 12, I have homework! It's like I'm in IB again!
We did a lot of roleplaying and debating in class this morning, which was a lot of fun. In particular, I liked this one activity where we had to offer constructive criticism to our classmates (all in fun, of course) ... but we got so absorbed in the activity that our "constructive criticism" could be more accurately described as "carefully crafted insults." I learned some great new phrases (during the roleplaying and also during other activities), such as:
       - "Tu as rien dans la caboche!" (loosely translated as "Your head is empty")
       - "Magne-toi tes fesses!" (very loosely translated as "get over here!"... but a bit more impolite)
In all of these roleplaying activities, I often get the role of a nasty or rude person. Consequently, my teacher and my classmates have now started teasing me and calling me "Mme Méchante"! What can I say - being the baddie is rather fun!
As I said, I didn't do much sightseeing today other than walking around the area close to the language school during the lunch break, but I did take some photos of Paris. Really, when I think about it, just walking to the Georges V metro station to go to school in the morning is sightseeing because there is so much history everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment